DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Physics is the natural science that studies matter, its fundamental constituents, its motion and behavior through space and time, and the related entities of energy and force. Physics is one of the most fundamental scientific disciplines. and its main goal is to understand how the universe behaves. Physics interacts with many interdisciplinary areas of research, such as biophysics and quantum chemistry. Advances in Physics often enable advances in new technologies. for example advances in the understanding of electromagnetism ,solid state physics , and nuclear physics led directly to the development of new products that have dramatically transformed modern society, such as television , computers ,domestic appliances and nuclear weapons, advances in thermodynamics led to the development of industrialization.
- The main aim of this programme is to help students to understand basic laws and explore the fundamental concepts of physics
- To acquire a wide range of problem solving skills, both analytical and technical and to apply them.
- To enhance the student’s academic abilities, personal qualities and transferable skills. This will give them an opportunity to develop as responsible citizens.
- To produce graduates who excel in the competencies and values required for leadership to serve a rapidly evolving global community.
- To carry out experiments to understand laws and concepts of Physics.
- To apply the theories learnt and the skills acquired to solve real time problems.
- To motivate the students to persue PG courses in reputed institutions.
- To gain ability to use modern physics techniques and tools including mathematical techniques, graphs and laboratory instrumentation.
|Sl No.||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Email ID||Phone number|
|01||SUDHA HATAGAR||M.Sc, M.Phil, B.Ed||H.O.D of Physics
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT : 2021-22