DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
ABOUT THE PROGRAM :
The Department was established in the year 1983. English is Compulsory Subject for the BA I, II, III, IV & BCom I & II Semesters. The Department started Optional English with other Three combinations in the Academic Year 2013-14.
Combinations : English, Political Science & History. English, Sociology & History. English, Education & History.
The Faculty Members of the Dept. teach compulsory subject “Personality Development & Communication Skills for BCA III and IV.” The Department conducts Certificate Course in “Spoken English and Foundation Course in English” for the Students.
AIMS : Empowerment of Women through Communication Skills & Literature.
- To make the Students to know the importance of learning English.
- To enhance Competency in Language and Literature.
- To motivate the Students to learn English language without any apprehension.
- To improve the Students’ Communication Skills to face the challenges of the Modern World.
- To develop Communicative Skills among the Students.
- To organize Guest Lectures, Workshops, Seminars and Group Discussions.
- Participation of Faculty & Students in Seminars/Conferences/ Workshops to update latest developments in the subject
- Adapting Innovative and Student Centric Teaching Techniques.
- Conducting Bridge Course and Remedial Coaching Classes.
FACULTY PROFILE :
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Email ID||Phone Number|
|01||Dr.Rabiya M Mirdhe||M.A Ph.D||Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org||9449859436|
|02||Smt.Hussna S Desai||M.A DCM(Mphil)||HoD and Language Lab Coemail@example.com||9900259060|
Glimpses of Department of English from 2016