DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
ABOUT THE PROGRAM :-
The Department of Statistics has been established in the year 1983. However, the teaching of subject Statistics is introduced Degree course of B.A, B.Com. The department is working up to the reputations of the college and expectations of the stake holders, their parents, and research institutions and universities since then till date.
The College offers B.Sc. Course for NEP at present. The Applied Statistics Course is meant for B.A. students. However the course of Business Statistics is offered to Third and Fourth Semester Courses of B.Com stream for all those students who have not studied the subject Statistics at their PUC/ 12thStandard.
The department used to run Statistics Course for Degree as Accountancy, Business Studies, Mathematics, Commerce and Statistics (ABSMCS).
- Students will be able to calculate accurately using algebra, calculus, or higher-level Statistics.
- Students will be able to write proofs of theorems.
- Students will be able to accurately interpret mathematical or statistical information in relation to procedures, concepts or applications.
- Students will be able to write computer programs or run computer packages to perform quantitative tasks.
- Statistics helps you learn to think like a scientist.
- To train the students to design data collection plans, analyse data appropriately and interpret and draw conclusions from those analysis.
- To update the students knowledge and learning through modern teaching method in statistics.
- Students after their graduation can go for higher studies and research in Statistics.
- To grab Job Opportunities in General and Corporate sectors, Business administration as well as Competitive Examinations such as Central Govt. Statistical department, planning commission.
- To provide quality education in Statistics.
FACULTY PROFILE :-
|Sl.No||Name of the Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Email ID||Phone Number|
|01.||Shweta Sintanoor.||M.Sc|| H.O.D of Statistics.
|02.||Amit Chamakeri.||M.Sc||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||8123726018|