DEPARTMENT OF HOME SCIENCE
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The department envisions to give the young women an insight into the practical, social, economic, scientific knowledge and skills in the field of Textiles and Clothing, Food and Nutrition, Food Service Management, Dietetics and Human development also mind set to workout solutions to the problems encountered in the lives.
- To maximize student’s potential by providing scientifically planned, multidimensional, skill oriented curriculum to excel in the areas of home science.
- To provide opportunities for all-round development of the students and excellence in higher education, research in the field of textile, food science and nutrition
- To enhance entrepreneur skills for professional careers. .
- To empower learners in achieving their professional goals.
- To achieve an efficient use of human and non human resources in everyday living.
- To acquire Stress management strategies.
- To provide knowledge of child development, needs of special children and help them to impart this knowledge to less privileged ones.
- To make them know nutritional benefits of different target groups.
- To develop an eye on decoration, fashion designing and Garment Making.
- To know about the values and goals of marriage in family life and to develop better human relations.
|Name of the Faculty||
|Designation||Email ID||Phone Number|
(Food and Nutrition)